Manual Therapy is a specialization used for the treatment of musculoskeletal and neurological pathologies, through the use of the hands. It is based on three main points:
- the clinical analysis, the evaluation by the specialized technician of the ability to move. This allows you to identify the problem and the effect of this on daily life.
- the physical examination and tests allow to investigate the cause of the problem and where it is located. these are extremely specific to each patient
- the specific therapeutic treatment, which includes manual techniques and exercises, studied according to the analysis made previously.
Manual therapy is useful for evaluating the patient globally and identifying symptoms and dysfunctions in order to correct them. It is very effective in reducing pain, increasing joint and muscle mobility and function, and reducing the risk of injury during movement
The techniques of manual therapy range and include different massage techniques, including lymphatic drainage, massage therapy, cranial-sacral therapy, manipulations and mobilizations. Its main objectives are:
- symptom treatment
- joint mobilization
- maintenance and stabilization of joint mobility
- posture and movement correction
- stretching and muscle strengthening
- therapeutic exercises
The pathologies that it can cure are many, generally it is used for spinal dysfunctions but also for shoulder, knee, ankle and muscular system.
Massage therapy is the therapeutic massage of the muscles and connective tissues, practiced with the hands and mainly aimed at preventing diseases of the musculoskeletal system or rehabilitating the subjects who are affected by them.
Massage therapy is used for: muscle pain, contracted muscles, contractures and tendon hardening, water retention, psychic stress.
It includes various massage techniques, with the aim of promoting the health and well-being of different systems of the human body, mainly including the musculoskeletal system.
It is defined as a rehabilitative and preventive practice against many diseases affecting muscles, blood vessels, lymphatic vessels and motor nerve endings.